I’m on a trip home, and so Occidental Israeli will be updated rather sparsely over the next month. In the mean time, some reading:
- Cell phone idealism.
- Trendy ingrates.
- Rise in home births.
- The future of Yiddish.. in Europe.
- Breaking up is hard to do.
- Positive signs. Finally.
- Halacha in shuls.
The latest Haveil Havalim is up at Jewschool.
- “I say continually to my Jewish brothers and sisters: don’t believe the hype about your full scale assimilation and integration into a mainstream.”
- Danger to the greatest fruit.
- Between Jerusalem and Tel Aviv.
- It is not hummus.
- Long distance witnessing. Very long distance.
- Good dahl.
- Aid. (H/T CiJ)
- “Wait until the Palestinians stop killing each other.”
- Impressive, yet rejected.
This week’s Haveil Havalim at Jack’s, and KCC at Leora’s.
- Homeland insecurity (H/T RH).
- Ben Gurion’s American vision.
- What do you want to be when you grow up?
- Israeli economy.
- Ten most offensive Israeli ads.
- Diversity bad? (H/T MM).
- Recession over?
- Between Haifa and Yeruham.
- Crossword puzzle absence.
- The right tax.
And this week’s Haveil Havalim.
- Scandanavian friends. (H/T CiJ)
- United, but perhaps not for long.
- The war over the streets.
- Returning to a changing homeland.
- The war.
- A strike against the camera.
- Taking a step away from the bedroom.
- Living together?
- “It’s vegetarian, it’s healthy, it’s beans.”
Moment Magazine on Israeli blogs (including yours truly), and of course, Haveil Havalim.
- Clinton is wrong.
- Will the Dead Sea live?
- U.S. Taxpayers’ Damage.
- Paying the price for wishful thinking.
- What is Kosher?
- Another eulogy for marriage.
- Don’t what where you eat?
- Israeli economy.
- Benefits of democracy.
Also, check out the latest Haveil Havalim and JPIX.
- Liberty at sea.
- Calling for the undermining of Israeli sovereignty.
- Failing Israeli schools.*
- The international Manchester United.
- Hope for Jerusalem?
- Olympics – not the best city, but the most popular.
- Trader Joe’s – a failed boycott.
- Absent demonstrators.
- Unorthodox Orthodoxy.
- The U.S. Military’s Neo-Nazis.
This week’s, and belatedly, last week’s Haveil Havailm.
*The final paragraph, of suggestions, is missing from the English version, and can be found in the original Hebrew.
- “Residents of the Iroquois territory.” (H/T CiJ)
- The myth of linkage.
- Uncle Moshe had a farm.
- The Nazis and Crimean Karaite Jews. (H/T BZ)
- Backseat drivers.
- American Japanese style.
- Are you insane?
- “Insulting a section of society.”
- “Aid” can be ended. Now.
Haveil Havalim #219 is up.
American memorial day is nothing like the Israeli one.
- What are they remembering?
- Ineligible for aliyah.
- Roger Cohen. Worse than a pawn.
- The future of the Israel-India relationship?
- Demographic time bomb.
- The Federated States of America?
- Not only Jerusalem.
- Progressives are not liberal.
- The FCC thinks it is more important than the police.
- This is peace.
The latest Haveil Havalim blog carnival is up.